What We Do
Midwives of Sudbury has been offering primary care services to women since 1999.
- Regulated by the College of Midwives of Ontario, midwives have a 4 year BHScM degree plus one year of supervision
- Midwifery services are funded by the Ministry of Health and Long term careThe midwives at the practice have privileges at the Health Sciences North/Horizon Santé-Nord (Hospital)
- Women are welcome to contact our office , no referral is required. However a referral form (below) can be completed and faxed to 705-671-2074
- Women are cared for as early as their first trimester of pregnancy and discharged at 6 weeks post-partum.
- Newborns are cared for from birth to 6 weeks of age.
- Copies of laboratory reports, pap and swab results and birth summaries will be made available to you with the woman’s permission.
Midwives provide excellent:
- Primary Prenatal Care
- Intrapartum Care-support during labour and birth
- Postpartum Care-6 weeks after the birth for mom and baby
- Continuity of Care
- Informed Choices
- Choice of Hospital or Home Birth